Re: [OM] Re: Dipping our Toe Into Digital (LONG)

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Dipping our Toe Into Digital (LONG)
From: "M. Lloyd" <royer007@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 20:09:33 -0800 (PST)
Most current LF lenses are about 80-100 lpm under lab
conditions. look at these pictures in this discussion
forum...

http://www.f32.net/discus/messages/6/232.html?1019726552

Taken with a lens at least 40 years old or more. I've
only just gotten into LF photography and I'm getting
results for landscapes and portraits that are quite
simply amazing. Also I've learned resolution can be
discounted quite a bit for LF that cannot be the same
for 35mm and DC.

I look at pictures taken 100 or more years ago at the
George Eastman House (if anyone of you can visit it it
is the Mecca of photography) and though one can see
obvious distortion effects or cannot see every grain
of sand those pictures have a mystical quality to them
that truth be told I've never seen from a digicam or
any photoshop tool and these pictures speak to me in a
way digital does not.

This is all just IMHO of course everyone sees things
in different ways. Digital just hasn't yet inspired me
to take pictures like my OM's and my LF equipment has.

Mark Lloyd