[OM] On: Dipping our Toe Into Digital (LONG)

Subject: [OM] On: Dipping our Toe Into Digital (LONG)
From: "Jon Mitchell" <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 10:24:25 -0000
<snip>
Sorry, Joe, but my 30-year-old Super 8 technology blow this guy's spankin'
new video away.  The edges of the clouds in the sky in his video were
jagged, and the colors of the pasque flowers were barely recognizable. His
presentation, technically,  wasn't even in the same league with the Super 8.
With Kodachrome, blues are blue, reds are red (and don't bleed), and greens
are green.
<\snip>

Dean,

At the risk of starting a big US / UK debate here (we don't need any more
flame wars here !) I have one word for you - "NTSC" !!!  I know there are
pro's and con's of both NTSC and PAL, but what you describe above is
particularly noticeable with NTSC and less so (tho still there) with PAL.
We don't refer to NTSC as "Never Twice the Same Colour" for nothing !!!

Jon (ducking for cover !)