Re: [OM] Sharp Portrait lens problems

Subject: Re: [OM] Sharp Portrait lens problems
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 17:04:48 +0000
Cc: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
That made me smile Bill, your last sentence :>).

Chris

At 04:42 -0500 23/12/02, NSURIT@xxxxxxx wrote:

Well, I like your choice of lenses with the Tamron 90 f2.5, however
I can offer you a little advice it you don't mind taking it from one
of the list members who has seen a few more New Years parties than
you.  For about 400f the cost of your lens, you go out and get
yourself a nice Zeiss Softar 1 or 2 which will soften things up a
bit and the girl friends may like the results better.  A piece of
pantyhose stretched over the front of your lens will produce a
similar result, as long as, it is a piece of their panty hose.  Have
known a few who would stretch the panty hose over the lens and then
use a cigarette to burn a hole in the middle so just the outside was
in soft focus.  An alternative to this method would just be to wait.
With time their complexions will clear up, your eyes will start to
fail and if they have been with that long, they will love the
results just because you still want to take pictures of them after
all these years.  Bill Ba! rber

--
<|_:-)_|>

C M I Barker