Re: [OM] Re: Dipping our Toe Into Digital

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Dipping our Toe Into Digital
From: Mike Veglia <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 11:59:33 -0800
In a message dated 12/22/2002 Stephen Scharf writes:

<< The guys I have been shooting with routinely make 30" X 40" prints from a
Canon D30 using proprietary interpolation software at Pictopia in Emerville,
CA. >>

That would Pictopia's own interpolation software they use on their digital
printing machines wouldn't it? On the topic of interpolation, I have always
heard it best to leave the "upsampling" to the lab for this very
reason--they have proprietary software from the manufacturers of the
printing equipment that is optimal for that printer. I believe Pictopia uses
Lightjet, do they not?

I have not yet tried them, but am told they are a very good lab.

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com