RE: [OM] (OT) Netscape 7

Subject: RE: [OM] (OT) Netscape 7
From: "Donald MacDonald" <donald.macdonald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 21:36:39 -0000
Alan Wood wrote:

<ALT text is not supposed to show up on mouseover, although some browsers
do/did this.  It is intended to be displayed when the image is not
displayed, e.g. a text browser, or a normal browser with images turned off.

TITLE text is supposed to show up on mouseover.>

Bummer! This means I've got to go insert a lot of TITLE code into my web
pages...!

Thanks, Alan. I should really read the specs of this HTML stuff. All the
browsers I've used since I started doing this stuff six or seven years ago
have treated ALT text by showing it on mouseover. Never bothered to check
whether it was supposed to.

Thanks also to Mike. Not often I post an OT query, but I knew I'd get some
response here that I could understand...! And the code is used with photos
taken with my Zuikos.  ;-)

Donald.

Donald Neil MacDonald, BA DipLIS
www.bigmac1st.freeserve.co.uk