Re: [OM] Guns and Cameras?

Subject: Re: [OM] Guns and Cameras?
From: siddiq <iddibhai@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 16:07:45 -0800
12/23/2002 10:23:22 AM, "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Speaking only for myself, I figured out a long time ago that a
>big part of the attraction for me was the love of gadgets, of
>well-made stuff.  Although I grew up with guns, was taught to
>shoot at age five by my grandfather and was, so to speak, to the
>manner born, I think I would have found them anyway, just as I
>did cameras and other wonderful things later on.
>
>For me, it?s not just guns and cameras, but there?s also the love
>of tools, sports cars, stereo gear, and old clocks and watches.
>I can?t explain it.  I?ve always been an ?eyes and legs? man with
>the ladies.  I can?t explain that either; it?s just what gets my
>attention, just like the Olys and Glocks and Z-cars and Snap-Ons
>and Vandersteens and Seth Thomases and Hamiltons and...
>
>Call it a sickness, if you choose, but I don?t have any interest
>in being cured, thank you.  I just need a lot more money.
>
>Walt

so i'm not the only thing who thinks 15k for a Lange isn't redikkulus ;)
welcome to the club! yes, i admit a fascination for well crafted items, be they
knives or watches or whatnot; i
might not afford them at the moment, but i don't think they are crazy to make
150$ dollar flashlights either ;)

/S
--
.sig