Re: [OM] Guns and Cameras?

Subject: Re: [OM] Guns and Cameras?
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 19:21:08 EST
In a message dated 12/23/2002 11:20:35 AM Central Standard Time,
olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> 1000f all my friends that are [gun] shooters

Albert, you need some new friends!  Sounds like a possible New Years
resolution in the making.  I do love my cameras and I just wrapped up a deal
today on a new SUV to replace the one I've worn out over the past 7 years.
Need a new one or fairly new one for the Olympus Texas Tour we are doing in
2004 and will pick it up Thursday or Friday.  Don't want to hear anything
from you guys about that 400mm f4 Tamron sitting in my gear closet. I'm very
secure. I really am. Really!

I grew up with guns and hunting and have fond memories of both from spending
time with my father and friends in the wilderness doing guy things.  Although
I still own guns, a year in the Republic of Viet Nam ended my fascination
with them as I'm sure it did for others.  I am not antigun as I tend to side
with those who consider it part of our "birth right," however my
understanding of the mechanics of war leaves me with no fascination with its
tools.

Please use my response to this thread as an opportunity to join me and others
around the world, in a manner which honors your beliefs, during this period
of celebration as we pray for peace amongst all people, as we celebrate life
and as we rejoice in the abundance we all share.

Bill Barber