Re: [OM] Stupid Olympus Obsession

Subject: Re: [OM] Stupid Olympus Obsession
From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 12:10:13 -0500
In addition to other ways I've found to waste time, I'm a bit of
a birdwatcher.  There are nine feeders around our house.  I had
been using the same binoculars for more than 30 years, and so I
decided it might be time to upgrade.  I shopped around, examined
a dozen different brands, from Bushnell to Zeiss, including the
way out of my budget stuff like Leica, Kahles, Zwarovski, etc.,
but I ended up with -- don't get ahead of me; it spoils the
story -- a pair of Olympus 8x42 Magellans.  They were as good as
or better than anything else I looked at, particularly when
considering price, and they are perfect for us eyeglass wearers.
And, hey, I also got a free Olympus keyring, becoming the first
in the neighborhood to have one.

Unless through extensive therapy or otherwise I can develop
better resistance to the marque, I fear I might someday end up
with one of those proctoscope thingys that keep showing up on
eBay.  How would I ever explain that to the lady of the house?

Walt