Re: [OM] a few photos

Subject: Re: [OM] a few photos
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2002 12:42:33 -0400
> I like it and when your son gets through with yours, could you send him
down
> here to Texas to work on one for me.  Like the B&W and my two favorites
are
> the light house and the sea scenic.  On the light house I would have
cropped
> the rocks out in the front as IMHO they distract from the overall impact
of
> the photograph.  On the scenic, might like to see earlier or later in day
and
> wonder if you tried closing down and slowing the shutter to get a little
> movement in the water.  Bill Barber

Making pages is what Dan, my son, does for work. Here are a couple links to
his work.
http://www.connors.ca/
http://www.connors.ca/brunswick/canadaenglish/mainpage.asp
Here is another one, but all the pics he took with a Canon G2 which the
college supplied for his making the page. I think there is more pictures if
you click on "about" .
http://www.nbccsj-contracts.ca/

I never know what to do with cropping afterwards, as I'm one of those people
who always tries to cram too much into a photo. Often I look for something
to put in the foreground as a point of reference, but it doesn't always
work.
On the one with the waves, I thought of trying some on a tripod, to blur the
waves with a slower shutter, but the wind was blowing way too hard for the
tripod to stand up (need a better tripod too, but Santa messed up again).
Besides, I was having real trouble trying to avoid too much salt spray. I
did shoot a whole series that day though. That much wind and that high a
tide is quite unusual for that spot. The tides likely vary maybe 30 feet in
that spot, and the high tide and best shooting lasted only about 30 minutes.
I remember now I was using the OM1n that day, because I remember giving it a
good wipe down to get any salt off afterwards. Remember never to buy a used
OM1n from me :-). Actually, I protected it pretty carefully.
Wayne