Re: [OM] Microtek 35t?

Subject: Re: [OM] Microtek 35t?
From: Wayne Harridge <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 15:25:45 +1100

> Steve Goss <stevegoss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> This is an 1800 dpi slide scanner, and seems to be going for about
> the
> same price as the Olympus ES-10. I know the ES-10 is not well
> regarded,
> but what about this Microtek?

I have the Microtek 35T+, 1950 dpi, started out ok but seems to be
deteriorating,
making more mechanical noise, and more seriously - CCD noise.  Mine is
probably 4+ years old by now, so not bleeding edge by any means !

1800 dpi is ok for web and small prints (A4 and smaller).

See if you can do some test scans before committing.

I think most of the Polaroid scanners were/are made by Microtek

Wayne Harridge

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~w_harridge