[OM] Re: OT: The Two Towers

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: The Two Towers
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 22:43:21 +0000
Cc: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Liv Tyler could do very little wrong, although I thought her rival
for Aragorn's affections was rather special :-).

Chris

At 12:17 -0800 31/12/02, Jan Steinman wrote:
 >From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

The only strange accent was Samwise Gamgee's.

If you watch the interviews on the four-DVD set, you'll note that he
was one of the few "Mercans" in the movie.

It seems to be easier for "English" speakers (Mel Gibson, Nicole
Kidman, et. al.) to fake "Mercan" than the other way around.

Liv Taylor was another Mercan in Fellowship, and to my ear, she had
an authentic Elvish accent as Arwen. :-)

--
<|_:-)_|>

C M I Barker
Cambridgeshire, Great Britain.