RE: [OM] Attention Aussies!

Subject: RE: [OM] Attention Aussies!
From: "John Wheeler" <wheelej@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2003 14:26:16 +1100
G'day Rich,

Haven't been to the Dorrigo museum but here is a link.

Incidently, I'm surprised you say that area is flat. Dorrigo is between
Coffs Harbour on the north NSW coast and Armidale, a university town on the
other side of The Great Dividing Range which runs up and down eastern Oz. So
Dorrigo is really on top of this range and is very beautiful country but
also quite hilly. (Yeah, I know, our mountains are just little hills to you
guys).

http://www.dsrm.org.au/

Another steam railway museum, closer to Sydney is at Thirlmere (about one
and a half hours drive). I have been there, but not for some twenty years,
and actually took some shots but with an M3 (which I know don't count :-).
They have a good number of exhibits including some nineteenth century stuff.
Their official site as follows.

http://www.nswrtm.org/

John.