[OM] Re: OT Hand warmer, was Gun toting, etc... Holiday greetings

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Hand warmer, was Gun toting, etc... Holiday greetings
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2003 11:07:10 -0800
>From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>...a hand warmer that my sons received from
>German friends for Christmas...

These are indeed neat things. They have been around for perhaps ten years or
more.

IHMO, boiling them is a major pain. Be careful about microwaving them. They
heat unevenly, and the plastic can melt. They work best with the microwave set
on "defrost" or 500ower. I ruined a few of them in the microwave before sort-of
getting the hang of it.

Also, beware of putting these in with your camera. The eutectic salt in the bag
is corrosive, and if the bag gets punctured, it will ruin anything nearby.

--
: Jan Steinman -- nature Transography(TM): <http://www.Bytesmiths.com>
: Buy My Step Van! <http://www.Bytesmiths.com/van>