Re: [OM] Photo Printer (was: Vuescan, an HP S20, and me)

Subject: Re: [OM] Photo Printer (was: Vuescan, an HP S20, and me)
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 Jan 2003 16:40:25 -0800
At 01:03 PM 1/1/2003 -0800, you wrote:

Hi, guys. Back again. It's been a hectic year and a half for me. Missed you all. <g>

Listen, Katie and I have interest in a topnotch photo printer. What's the inside dope?

Tris
..

Depending on your budget and need. If you have lots of dough, then get the Fuji Pictrography 3000/4000, for a mere $4000 and $10000, you can have prints that are unrivaled in your block.

Coming down from the sky a bit, a Kodak dye-sub printer is $1000. Good if you want to sell 8x10 prints and want that continuous tone look. The Epson 2200 should make prints that last almost as long, and is more flexible and capable in print sizes, for about $700, but with teeny-tiny dots. In terms of color fidelity, nothing beats the Epson 1280 or the Canon S9000. The C9000 is exceptionally fast but Epson is better in terms of paper selection and after market supplies including quad black ink. They are both around $400-$500.

There are many great printers for cheaper than these, but these are the topnotch ones. You can't go wrong with any of these if it is within your budget.