Re: [OM] Scanner speed - was Vuescan, an HP S20, and me

Subject: Re: [OM] Scanner speed - was Vuescan, an HP S20, and me
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2003 15:05:20 +0800
I remember the day when I was using LS2000 (SCSI) and 500MHz AMD, the
Nikon SW need no post processing time, the net scanning time is 20
seconds including saving to disk, while Vuescan do the similar on scan
but the post processing time is long (can't remember how long could be
around one minute). That is one of the reason why I don't use Vuescan
for most works except the special negatives like Reala and GPX160
which are having warm bias. Same for today even I have a much faster
PC, only special negative will go to Vuescan, but I rare use these
negative today (GPX160 is no longer exist and I can't find a good lab
for Reala).

C.H.Ling