Re: [OM] Photo Printer

Subject: Re: [OM] Photo Printer
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2003 13:02:07 -0800
> Wow interesting. The site that you reference actually say the Epson 1280 is
> BETTER than the 2200 and the Kodak 8500 in light fastness!

I can comment on the Epson 2000p which I have. This is the predecessor
to the 2200 and near as i can tell they sacrificed longevity to cure
some of the color problems of the 2000p. The 2000p on Epson archival
matte produces stunning museum quality prints supposedly good for 200
years. The 2200 is nowhere close to this and I don't think anything else
is...yet. As far as the color problems with the 2000p, it lacks that
over saturated vividness seen in commercial processors. So if you like
eye candy forget it. Personally I like the way it produces color. The
problem that I find hardest to deal with is, (help me with the name here
someone), the property to show color differently in different light.
What I print out at night looks different in daylight. Generally
greener. So now I'll print a small trial print at night (yellower that
looks right) but check it in daylight before wasting ink on an 8x11.

Mike
--
Latitude 48° 32' North, Longitude 123° 7' West