[OM] The nose returneth

Subject: [OM] The nose returneth
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 14:31:19 -0800 (PST)
Well, I'm a bit rested up after a week away from computers, work
and anything remotely related to telephone lines.  I did make
one phone call on my cell-phone, though.  First couple of days
were spent alternating between "007 Days of Christmas" and the
commode where I proceeded to expunge anything digested in the
past two months.  There ain't no five-year-old cornflakes
lurking in my bowels anymore.  Obviously, with the "creeping
doom" I wasn't able to get out and photograph the lovely snow
that had blanketed southern Missouri.  Oh, well.  I really
wasn't interested in winter anyway.

We then spent a few days in the Tulsa area.  We visited with
friends and did a couple of day-trips around the region.  One
day was spent going west/southwest of the city into the oil
region.  Came across one really scairy little burg called
"Shamrock".  Took a couple of pictures from the safety of the
car and made tracks getting out of there.  The sounds of banjos
were echoing through the trees.  Next day was spent up north of
Tulsa into the Tallgrass Prairie owned/operated by TNC. Got some
bison pictures.  Then further north, almost to the Kansas border
came across a photogenic oilwell.  Spent an hour blowing a
couple rolls of film on that.  Eventually, we returned to
civilization.

I've got to get into the darkroom tonight to do a couple of
customer jobs, but I'm eager to process those negs from the
trip.  One-week of vacation translated into one-hour of serious
photography.  We'll take what we can.

Speaking of darkroom, my wife says that I can spend the
Christmas bonus on building a new darkroom!!!!!  We've earmarked
three possible locations in the basement--two of which are about
200 square feet!  One location is an existing bedroom in the
basement--the advantage is that I only need to outfit it with
the wet sinks (bathroom on otherside of wall) and an enlarger
table.  Another location would include the space sharing the
hotwater heater and furnace.  Wet sink already in place.  The
third location is where it is currently located but doesn't have
sewer pipe presence, but could be expanded to about 300 square
feet.

AG-Schnozz