Re: [OM] Obsession? was Tolkein ...

Subject: Re: [OM] Obsession? was Tolkein ...
From: Joshua Putnam <josh@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2003 20:17:39 -0800
Mickey Trageser wrote:
Oh, no problem Chris. I've seen the SUV and gun flair-ups, Oben rants and
other political expressions, but I didn't remember if we had gone down the
movie path. Just something else we do and share....

Tolkein has become an obsession more places than on this list.
Just for fun, given the hype around the movies, I got my mother
to dust off the copies of The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings
trilogy that my brothers and I all read as kids.

Too bad we were so hard on the dustjackets! Mom's 1938 first U.S.
edition of The Hobbit is listed at prices up to $125,000 in fine,
new condition on ABEbooks.com.

obOM: think how many Zuikos that one book might buy! Not that Mom
would spend it on Olys, she shoots a Rollei.

--
josh@xxxxxxxxx is Joshua Putnam
<http://www.phred.org/~josh/>