Re: [OM] Re: Vuescan, an HP S20, and me

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Vuescan, an HP S20, and me
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2003 15:01:25 +0800
Jan Steinman wrote:

> Based on C.H.Ling's and my performance experience, no. Others may differ,
> particularly if performance is not your primary goal.
>
> C.H. said he likes Vuescan for certain film. Also, Vuescan is available for
> MacOS X, but NikonScan is not.

Something I want to add is the curve tool in NikonScan, it is an
ultimate tool for scanning slides, I have curves saved for my favorite
slides (Provia F, Velvia and Sensia II). I calibrate in the way that
the light box view of the slide is closely matched to my monitor
screen and which is calibrated to my film output machine, don't know
if it is a coincident or not the Fuji Frontier output also matched
closely to my monitor.

C.H.Ling