Re: [OM]Vivitar Series1 AF zoom

Subject: Re: [OM]Vivitar Series1 AF zoom
From: "Roger D. Key" <rdk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 09:36:27 +0100
Tamron produced a similar AF 70-210/f4 from 1987-89; weighed 856g, length
157.5mm. It could be the same lens, as at least one other Vivitar lens is
identical to a fixed-mount Tamron.

Roger Key

>Steve Goss wrote:

>If it's the same model as the one I saw at a camera show once, it's big,
>and bulky, and it needs batteries to operate. Optics should be just as
>good as the manual focus version, but not a lens you see very often. If
>I had one, I probably wouldn't use it lest I destroy it's collectible
value.

julian_davies@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> If anyone is interested, Mr. Cad have a Vivitar Series 1 zoom for OM with
internal Autofocus (like the Zuiko AF).
> I presume (only from the lack of prior mention) that this is fairly
unusual, so may appeal to a completist? I wasn't aware that the third party
guys bothered with this phase of the AF "revolution"!