Re: [OM]Vivitar Series1 AF zoom

Subject: Re: [OM]Vivitar Series1 AF zoom
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 06:52:12 -0500
Is it for the OM-F or the OM-77/OM-88.  I'd suspect the latter.

Tom

> It certainly is big and bulky, and has a rather large control/battery box
on the underside. From a cursory inspection it doesn't appear to have the
contact on the mount for OM30 AF. Maybe I'll go and give it a bit more than
a cursory inspection...

> Julian
>
> >  from:    Steve Goss <stevegoss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >  date:    Fri, 03 Jan 2003 03:17:45
> >  to:      olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >  subject: Re: [OM]Vivitar Series1 AF zoom
> >
> > If it's the same model as the one I saw at a camera show once, it's big,
> > and bulky, and it needs batteries to operate. Optics should be just as
> > good as the manual focus version, but not a lens you see very often. If
> > I had one, I probably wouldn't use it lest I destroy it's collectible
value.

> > Thanks, Steve Goss, Dallas Tx usa
> >
> > julian_davies@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >
> > > If anyone is interested, Mr. Cad have a Vivitar Series 1 zoom for OM
with internal Autofocus (like the Zuiko AF).
> > > I presume (only from the lack of prior mention) that this is fairly
unusual, so may appeal to a completist? I wasn't aware that the third party
guys bothered with this phase of the AF "revolution"!