Re: [OM] [ot] for all the car nuts, petrol heads

Subject: Re: [OM] [ot] for all the car nuts, petrol heads
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 17:57:31 +0000
You may not believe this Siddiq, but the BBC's Top Gear did not think
much of this car (if I remember aright).  I would not throw it out of
my garage though!

The Merc E300TD was discontinued in Europe a couple of years ago.
They replaced it with the E320 CDi which has 40% more torque.  I am
pretty sure that they would not short-change their US market with the
"small" turbodiesel... ;-)  Much as it pains me to write this, the
BMW 3.0l turbodiesel is a nicer sounding engine.  I just wish that I
had one of them in my ML270 in place of the "little" 2.7l, 5-cyl ;-).

I heard on the radio this morning that the new Mini has been voted
top car of 2003 in Detroit.

Chris