Re: [OM] [ot] for all the car nuts, petrol heads

Subject: Re: [OM] [ot] for all the car nuts, petrol heads
From: "Ford Prefect" <f.prefect@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 00:45:11 -0000
> I think the sound of the BMW six is over sold.  I have ridden in
> several BMWs and they sound remarkably like a Honda Accord 4 cylinder
> to me.  Now my 67 Alfa GTV - that was sound.
> --
I agree except I would add that BMW in general is over rated.. I've had four
of them and would rate all but one as total rubbish. a 6 cyl 320 which
rusted faster than any Alfa, a 528i SE which broke 3 gearboxes, and a 730 in
which the interior fell apart The 2002 Touring was the exception and thats
the car that built their reputation.. and I think they are resting on that
cars reputation alone. I'll stick to my Rover Sterling's and Jaguars thank
you, much better cars. Not to mention my Jag beats any BMW hands down on
ride/handling and general ambiance including the new 7 and its a 13 year old
car with over 150K on it.

I had a '73 2000 GVT nice car.. had a lot of GTA bits on it, (alloy bonnet
and doors) and a twin spark cyl head wonderful car :), rusted well in the UK
though  :(

Stewart