Re: [OM] Tiny Digicam

Subject: Re: [OM] Tiny Digicam
From: siddiq <iddibhai@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 17:39:50 -0800
1/6/2003 4:37:44 PM, Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>A friend asked me for a recommendation for a digital camera.  Her
>only requirement was that it should be tiny.  She is not very
>technical. She uses a computer, but needs help to install things. I
>have looked at a friend's Canon S200 which seems to satisfy the
>smallness requirement and it has the added advantage of looking like
>a piece of jewelry. I would imagine that the S230 model would give
>her some extra pixels if she wants to make a nice print larger than 5
>x 7.  She also want to eMail images. Any recommendations?  An Oly
>equivalent?  Or other? Fuji?

PowerShot S200 if she doesn't want to print beyond 5*7 (or 8*10 but depends on
what is acceptable to your eyes). i bought the same for mum. it had to be
small, easy to use, and take good
pix. tomshardware.com and other competitive reviews have often given the nod to
canon for doing a lot of things very well instead of excelling in one area.
powershot gets my vote.

/S
--
.sig