[OM] - Interesting comparison between Zuiko 18mm and other super wide-an

Subject: [OM] - Interesting comparison between Zuiko 18mm and other super wide-angles...
From: "Fabio J. Flowerside" <flowerside@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 12:02:45 +0100
Hi list, and happy new year etc. etc. :^)

I'm back after quite a long time and I'd like to share with you this URL:

http://www.nadir.it/ob-fot_piccolo/18mm-confronto/articolo.htm

from a famous Italian photography web resource, showing a side-to-side
comparison between the highly praised Zuiko 18mm f/3.5 and other third party
super wide-angles.

The Zuiko wins over all the other competitors (was there any doubt?).

Unluckyly the article is in Italian only. For a quick glance on how better
the Zuiko is (in terms of resolving power), the shown graphs should be
interpreted this way:

* the continuos line stands for the resolution at the center of the frame.
* the dot-dashed line stands for the resolution at 1/3rd of the frame.
* the big-dashed line stands for the resolution at 2/3rd of the frame.
* the small-dashed line stands for the resolution at the outer borders of
the frame.

In the same website there is also a very interesting article about the
Tamron 90mm F/2.5 Macro (1st version). It should be found here:

http://www.nadir.it/ob-fot_piccolo/tamron_90.htm

In case an automatic translation from Italian to English shouldn't be fully
intelligible, please let me know if you want me to work on it...

BTW: At this URL you could find a complete list of other articles regarding
35mm photography, some of whom are related to Olympus stuff:

http://www.nadir.it/ob-fot_piccolo/00_ob-fot_picc.htm

Ciao!

Fabio