RE: [OM] Going to Singapore!! - slide film suggestion

Subject: RE: [OM] Going to Singapore!! - slide film suggestion
From: "Olaf Greve" <o.greve@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 14:52:54 +0100
Hi,

> Slides, slides, slides... try some slides is my strong recommendation.
> Fuji Sensia 100 is my workhorse film, Velvia is good in subdued light,
> and if you can get hold of any, Agfa Scala could be interesting.

Hear, hear!
I couldn't possibly agree more about the suggestion to use slides. I'm
nowadays completely hooked on Provia F. I use both the 100F and the 400F
variants and they're both excellent. If you want some additional colour
saturation, underexpose by 1/3rd step to get some gorgeous colours out of
the film. Also, keep in mind that Provia F can be pushed really well. The
100F variant can safely be pushed up to 400 ASA, and the 400F version easily
lets itself get pushed to a stunning 3200 (!!!) ASA. Reciprocity failure
does not occur until exposed for over 2 minutes (!); another great feature.

At times, when I'm in an ultra-saturated-colours-mood, I use Kodak E100VS,
but normally I like the Provia F films better. Try them, you'll love them,
and it's quite possible that just like me, you'll never want to get back to
shooting negative film again.

Heh, I just invented a new photographic motto: "Think positive, use slides,
don't think negative!" ;)))

Cheers and have a great trip!
Olafo