Re: [OM] London gathering - was London camera shops

Subject: Re: [OM] London gathering - was London camera shops
From: Roger Wesson <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 18:09:25 +0000
10.30am at Embankment tube sounds good to me. I guess we all have to look like tourists and have our OMs around our necks, for the sake of recognition?

What a shame it is that in 11 days time London almost certainly won't look like it did today. Quite thick snow everywhere, and it's the first time I recall that happening since December 1997. If by some chance the snowy weather returns, Regent's Park looks absolutely wonderful and would make for very fine photographs.

By a terrible misfortune my new year's fitness regime was scheduled to start today, but in an impressive show of dedication I actually ran 10km in the snow - hard going but I feel virtuous now.

Roger

Sam Shiell wrote:

Yes that sounds as good a place as any to meet.

What time ??? bearing in mind the plan seemed to include a pub lunch along the
way....... how does 10 - 10:30ish sound?

Right fellows, I have permission from my wife and from my squadron to be absent in the Smoke on

Sunday 19 Jan. Where shall we meet?

Perhaps we could meet at the Embankment Tube Station and decide whether to go to the Millenium Bridge (between St Paul's and the Tate Modern) or the new bridge which is next to the Eye.