RE: [OM] slide film sharpness

Subject: RE: [OM] slide film sharpness
From: "George M. Anderson, Photographer" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 10:17:17 -0800
Go here:

http://www.jafaphotography.com/filmtest.htm

for this quote and more about Velvia: "Simply superb. Undoubtedly the
sharpest color slide film available today."  This is simply a well known,
documented fact.  I have no connection to Jafa. I found this by simply
searching on "film tests". Notice that they did not bother to test
Agfachrome.

We were speaking about sharpness here, eh? Not subjective opinions about low
light color rendition. Which, BTW, I would highly disagree with WC's opinion
on. Provia is the best film for low light and long exposures. Almost Zero
reciprocity failure.  (BTW, E100VS is also in this category.) If Agfa makes
it look muddy, they're using technology from another planet.

I would recommend you test for yourself.  But if you want the sharpest,
Velvia is it. Anyone who shoots slide film knows this.

George