re:[OM] New member intro and story of my OM-2n purchase

Subject: re:[OM] New member intro and story of my OM-2n purchase
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 11:45:03 -0800
> I got my first SLR in my teens (C*non TX) and used it until about five
> years ago.  That camera even spent a year with me in the Sahara and Sahel
> (Peace Corps assignment in Mauritania), living through sandstorms and all
> sorts of other abuse....
>
> ....nearly mint OM-2n with....Immediately I fell in love with the sleekness
> and compactness of the camera
> and lenses, the beautiful lines,.....

Welcome! No wonder the OM2n seemed sleek after using that tank of a
Canon. Now there is a camera you can use to fight off muggers, stake
down your tent or open a beer. Not that you can't use an OM1, it just
lacks the heft and imposing stature :>)

Mike
--
Latitude 48° 32' North, Longitude 123° 7' West