Re: [OM] continuation of the end? the end is near?

Subject: Re: [OM] continuation of the end? the end is near?
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 11:01:06 -0800
At 11:27 PM 1/8/2003 -0800, Richard F. Man wrote:
Is it my imagination or is there a rash of OM-4T (not the 4) on the bay right now? I guess people are leaving in droves :-( [pessimist]

Possibly just you. I've been looking for an OM-4T/Ti on the 'bay for weeks now, and have been disappointed both by the low numbers and the high prices. Criminy, gold's cheaper!

Garth

Their prices may not drop that much considering that now $2000 is consided cheap for its replacment, a digital SLR, and $4000 to $6000 is the norm. $700 or $800 is a comparative bargain. And I think there is a larger group out there like me who would not mind a digital sensor, but do not want to deal with weight, size, menus, clumsy controls, autofocus, winder, the cost of a half pound of batteries and so on that comes with a digital camera.

Interesting Mamiya ad in the new Pop Photo showing a Mamiya 7II next to a motorized SLR. The 7 is smaller and much lighter. And you can get a 100 megapixel image from it with a 4000 dpi scanner.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California