[OM] Re: Revisionist history of the 70s economy

Subject: [OM] Re: Revisionist history of the 70s economy
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 15:13:30 -0800 (PST)
>The biggest difference I see between "tax and spend"
>politicians and
>"tax-cut and spend" politicians (like Regan and Dubya) is that
>the latter put us further in debt faster.

Both actually believe in "trickle-down economics".  The spendy
types put a lot of tax dollars back into the "system" through
hiring lots of government employees and also through buying
things from private enterprise that make things.  The other side
believes that you let the rich folks keep more money, they tend
to spend it more on non-government employees and also through
buying things from private enterprise that make things.

Large government does artificially prop up an economy, but so
does deficit spending through lower taxes.

What does this do with OM's?  Actually, alot!  The US Government
bought a ton of Zuikos back in the Deficit spending days.

AG