[OM] Re: a purely hypothetical question... -not- OT!

Subject: [OM] Re: a purely hypothetical question... -not- OT!
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 19:00:01 -0800
>From: "George M. Anderson, Photographer" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>One last possibility no one else has mentioned: the Zuiko 180/2.  It is also
>truly spectacular.  I've got one that had been converted to work on Leica
>bodies.  Jan Steinman will remember this lens.

That the one Hanson had in NYC? I bought a 24 shift from him at the time, and
regretted not getting the 180 as well.

>Unfortunately, it could not be converted back to work in
>auto-stop-down mode as a Zuiko lens. (I got a partial rebate from seller
>when this was verified.)

I'm glad he gave you a rebate, 'cause he said he'd convert it back to OM for me
if I bought it.

I seem to remember that his repair/mod guy retired -- perhaps that's why it
wouldn't go back to OM.

I'm glad I saved the 24 shift from a similar fate -- at the time, he said he
converted and sold every one he could get hold of.

--
: Jan Steinman -- nature Transography(TM): <http://www.Bytesmiths.com>
: Buy My Step Van! <http://www.Bytesmiths.com/van>