Re: [OM] OM 1 batteries and battery check

Subject: Re: [OM] OM 1 batteries and battery check
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 09:27:49 -0500
Oldest OM-1s have the battery check, but the factory abandoned it and never
even mentioned it in the instruction book.  The meter movement had a small
curved circuit board riveted to it, two springy brushes pressed against this
circuit.  When the asa, shutter speed, f stop were in a certain position, a
circuit would be completed, this would go through a resistor and deflect the
meter to a certain position, indicating a good battery.

John Hermanson  www.zuiko.com
21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743-4714
631-424-2121 For Free Olympus manuals,
please call 1-800-221-3000