RE: [OM] London gathering - was London camera shops

Subject: RE: [OM] London gathering - was London camera shops
From: Marc Lawrence <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 21:30:22 +1100
> Jon Mitchell [mailto:jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] wrote:
> Yep, looks like a party indeed !!

On Thursday, Wayne Harridge (who was visiting Sydney), John
Wheeler (the organiser), Saso and myself got together in
town for a chat amongst the like-minded (I don't know about
them, but I know my partner goes comatose when I start
talking photography). Once I got over my directionally-
challenged waylay, the guys were easy to spot. How many
times do you see three blokes sitting around a table
that's covered in an assortment of OM's? We end up speaking
for something like 3 hours, surprisingly not all of it about
OM's.

It was great to meet up with other OM-folk. I recommend it.
You already know you have a common interest, so there's
instant rapport. We end up standing in front of a shop
window in town looking at all the secondhand gear, like
the Zuiko 135/3.5 priced at a scary AUS$135.

After we went our separate ways, and from the inspiration
achieved from empathetic individuals, I spent the afternoon
slowly running through a roll of film around different parts
of town. There's plenty in Sydney to take photos of, but,
when you live here, it's easy to overlook and become blase
about.

Now, if only I could have swept that table clean into my
backpack while no-one was watching....

Cheers
Marc
Sydney, Oz