RE: [OM] New students, fancy printers and old gear

Subject: RE: [OM] New students, fancy printers and old gear
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 09:58:58 -0800

Accessories go in as space fillers, so I'm still up in the air about
what else I'll include. If anyone wants to pipe up about the most useful
or most unique/most dreamed about accessories, I'm all ears. A T32 is
probably one.  A T-28 Macro Twin Flash would be one, but I don't have
one to photograph (just an orphan T Power Control 1 waiting for a
mate).

Well, at the risk of "telling a journeyman how to go about his work" before I'd recommend flash capability I would push for a (quality) tripod and ball head. Besides the new photographic vistas (unavailable otherwise) this equipment would open up, in general it strikes me that the nuances of existing-light photography represent a more logical avenue of pursuit for the new student.

By the way, thanks to you great guys who put in your two cents re printers. The Epson 1280 looks to be the winner from everything I've subsequently read. (Donations, of course, are always welcome here.)

Tris

P.S. And don't forget to keep sending us all your remaining useless OM gear for environmental-friendly disposal. Katie and I have invested in another dumpster for the expected surplus!