[OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #3804

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #3804
From: Stephen Scharf <scharfsj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 10:49:26 -0800
olympus-digest        Friday, January 10 2003        Volume 02 : Number 3804

Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 18:58:38 -0800
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [OM] ISO as the Third Variable

This is one of the two or three truly "killer" advantages DSLRs have.
Imagine in some future time, you set the shutter speed and aperture exactly
the way you want to for the perfect mix of DOF and speed to capture the
motion the "right" way. Then the camera set the ISO to make it happen. In
ideal case, it would be noise-less from ISO 1 to ISO 6400. Yummmmm....

There are more than two or three advantages that DSLRs have over 35 mm. One is not having to buy and pay for processing film. I can easily shoot 500 frames at a go-kart race (And before you guys jump all over me for taking 500 frames, understand that in a *business* like D&W Images, you need to shoot a lot of frames because you're trying to get at least one, and preferably more than one photo of *every* racer, and there are at least two hundred or more racers). That would cost me $70 in film and about $125 in processing alone. With the D60, it doesn't cost me anything. On my tryout day, I shot 550 frames and came home with a CD of about 330 "keepers", and sold about $250 worth of photos that very same *day*. Same day sales of race photos are also a BIG, BIG plus for D-SLRs.