[OM] Expired Slide film, used to be Singapore trip; raining

Subject: [OM] Expired Slide film, used to be Singapore trip; raining
From: "Diego Sierralta" <cachuu@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 14:57:31 -0400

Hi, I'm another one of those lurkers on the list, basically since I have little knowledge and am gaining it through lurking (for about a month or two, since I found the list.) I can tell you, I´ve learned a lot about everything, (including a tiny bit about OM equipment) great list, guys.

About that trip to Singapore (original subject matter) I would take zip-lock bags and silica gel, as has been previously discussed here. I guess keeping used film in the hotel room (dry& cool) would also help.

About Provia (& other slide films for that matter) what about buying it on ebay? It seems to me that it comes pretty cheap, both expired and fresh. Also, about expired slide film, anybody have any thoughts on that? The only experience I have is a roll of Kodachrome 64, expired by about 3 - 6 months, it seems to have worked perfectly, the exposures seem right and so does the color balance, and grain. Then again, I've never used Kodachrome besides that one time.....

Diego