Re: [OM] ISO as the Third Variable

Subject: Re: [OM] ISO as the Third Variable
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 17:28:21 -0400

> The ability to vary the ISO at the camera existed long before digital.
> Just ask any Hass*blad or similar medium-format owner.  In fact, long
> before that, every press or view camera with film holders could do it,
> as could one of the Zeiss 35mm SLRs (the Contarex?).
>
> From a Zuikoholic point-of-view, wouldn't multiple OM bodies loaded
> with different kinds of film solve the same problem?

That's one reason I have more than one OM body. It may not be quite as
convenient as pushing a button, but I can usually tell when the lighting is
changing enough to require switching to another camera with faster film. A
couple OM bodies is likely not much heavier to carry than the DSLR, and are
a little cheaper too.

>Nit-pickers may
> see this as qualitatively different from just pushing a button on a
> digital camera body, but to the true Zuikoholic, a pair of assistants
> (along with a driver for the SUV) could manage the logistics.

Ahem, no thanks, I like to drive myself. :-)
Wayne