Re: [OM] OM4 batt.drain serial nos.

Subject: Re: [OM] OM4 batt.drain serial nos.
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 16:58:32 -0800

On Saturday, January 11, 2003, at 12:45  PM, jamal ibrahim wrote:

Hi all, I think I read somewhere that the OM4 battery drain problem was fixed some way through the OM4 series. Does anyone know from what serial number on? Unlikely that mine was in the fixed second half of the series (serial no 1085981), but let me know if you do know. Just bought it a couple of months back, here in Oxford, UK. Really pleased to have taken photos I couldn't or dare not take before. The spotmetering has been tremendous. Cheers, happy new year and good snapping to you fellow olympians.

Also a happy owner of half framers Pen EES (£8, charity shop) and Pen FT (£198, treated myself), both of which have taken nice pictures.

Jam
Oxford, UK

I don't think so. I think that they used OM4T circuit spares to repair malfunctioning OM4s. Even so, from what people say, battery usage was on a par with a modern camera you would buy now. It truly is a great camera.