Re: [OM] Digital now! Free lenses!

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital now! Free lenses!
From: Motor Sport Visions Photography <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 19:31:27 -0800
I would absolutely check this compatibility issue out before making the
leap, but presumably the S2 (or D100) body is at least capable of
stopping down the lens in manual mode, or at least one would hope so.

Totally manual would not really bother me a whole lot. It would force me
to use a good hand held light meter and who knows, my results may
improve as a result of not relying on their wunderbrick matrix whizbang
metering anyway. I see many top pros shooting at the track who do indeed
use hand held meters with their wunderbricks anyway. If that is indeed
the only drawback to using a S2 with Tamron SP lenses, then it would be
something I might be able to live with, as long as the body were able to
mechanically stop down the lens. Keep in mind with a digital camera you
can fire off and review some test shots for approximate proper
exposure--I do so all the time with the E-10 shooting in manual mode,
and with AE.

See if you can find a rental to take for a test drive...I would think a
S1 would be suitable if you can't find a rental S2. Keeble and Shuket in
Palo Alto had S1s in their rental fleet a year ago, last time I
inquired. If anyone tries this experiment, please do post your results
to the list.

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com