Re: [OM] Expired Slide film, used to be Singapore trip; raining

Subject: Re: [OM] Expired Slide film, used to be Singapore trip; raining
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 09:44:00 -0700
At 01:48 AM 1/12/2003 -0400, Diego Sierralta wrote:

[snip]

I guess from what I've read so far that expired film is ok, as long as it's been stored properly (and not a decade old). Yours certainly rendered some nice scenes.

Yeah, I had the advantage of buying the film from a known pro supplier in town. Others here have pointed out that, even if its expiry is relatively recent, if the film comes from an unknown source or you don't know anything about its storage history, risking your images on such film probably isn't worth it.

Garth