Re: [OM] comparison: Olympus 100/2.8 and Tamron 90/2.5

Subject: Re: [OM] comparison: Olympus 100/2.8 and Tamron 90/2.5
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 12:51:08 -0800
I currently own the Olympus 100/2.8, but I've been looking at the Tamron 90/2.5 for standard shooting and macro work. It seems like a good way to have two lenses in one. Does anyone on the list have actual experience with the lens as a standard lens? I would imagine it would be quite similar to the Olympus 100/2.8 in performance, but I have no way to measure.

I'm quite interested in acquiring one, but maybe it's redundant with a 100/2.8? (And I have the 50/3.5 Olympus Macro.)
James.

If it were me I would keep the 100/2. It is a decent close focus design and is one of the premiere OM lenses. For macro I would get the 80/4 which is one of the few macro lenses in the world corrected for life size reproduction.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California