Re: [OM] Tamron SP 70-210 f3.5 BIN $125

Subject: Re: [OM] Tamron SP 70-210 f3.5 BIN $125
From: "Jeffrey Keller" <jeffreyrkeller@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 21:11:14 +0000
You probably also answered an unasked question. The 70-210 f4-5.6 has good ratings at photodo (same as 60-300) but I can't recall anyone posting anything about it. I had forgotten the details and thought the 70-210 f3.5 was the one with the good rating. Some considered a kit of Tamrons 180 f2.5, 300 f2.8 etc as being their choice over the zuiko 250, given the price the zuiko constantly gets. I was curious if anyone while thinking about 200mm focal lengths had strong feelings about the 70-210. It appears that it is compared to wide range zooms because of its slower speed. Given that the even slower version is the one with the good rating, its probably not all that interesting. I guess its another me-too version of the old vivitar series 1 70-210 without the quirky charm.
-jeff

For that kind of money you should be able to get a Tamron SP
35-210/3.5-4.2 or a Tokina AT-X 35-200/3.5-4/5 (smaller and lighter than
the Tamron). Unless that 2/3 of a stop at the long end is a deal
breaker, both are a lot more lens than the 70-210.

Moose