Re: [OM] comparison: Olympus 100/2.8 and Tamron 90/2.5

Subject: Re: [OM] comparison: Olympus 100/2.8 and Tamron 90/2.5
From: Larry <halpert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 19:00:57 -0500
I appreciate your citing gary's tests, but I, personally, don't put much
confidence in his tests considering methodology. I put more in others I've
read, and my own experiences in front of my eyes. The only thing I agree with
is that the Tokina ATX is better than the Tamron. The Vivitar (if it is the
f2.5) is the same formulation as the Tokina. At 4-5 times the price, its far
from you "get what you pay for". The almost 2/3 stop faster is the one
separation from the comparison.

Larry