[OM] List member wins contest

Subject: [OM] List member wins contest
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 01:17:26 EST
The local PBS television station, in conjunction with a national contest,
sponsored a photo contest to which I sent an entry.  The theme of the contest
is "Milestone Events" and the national winner will be featured on the "Life
360" program sometime this month. I believe the address below will get you to
the site.  <A
HREF="http://www.houstonpbs.org/site/PageServer?pagename=edo_life360_photo_contest";>
http://www.houstonpbs.org/site/PageServer?pagename=edo_life360_photo_contest</A>
The interesting part about this is that I was never notified of my photograph
winning the local contest and only discovered it while I was doing a Google
search that had my name as part of the search.  I had sent the photo in
months ago.  I'd like to tell you it was taken with an Olympus OM (preferably
an OM 2S) however given that the photograph was taken in 1968, I doubt that
any of you would fall for the story.  It was actually done with what at the
time was a state of the art Bronica. You know the ones with a focal plane
shutter that sounded like a cannon being fired when the shutter was released.
 Those were the days . . .  Bill Barber