Re: [OM] Cheap, rare OM3 in UK

Subject: Re: [OM] Cheap, rare OM3 in UK
From: Frank van Lindert <Frank.van@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 10:51:58 +0100
Mark,

I agree - spoilt we are!

But even the OM4Ti, automated as it is, suffers from this kind of
problems in connection with the F-280 when the ambient light
conditions are crossing the 1/60 border.

With the camera set to AUTO mode using Super FP Flash, some clouds
which make the exposure 'slower' than 1/60 will cause the shutter not
to release at all.
You will have to either put the camera into manual mode (to keep using
Super FP) or switch the flash to 'normal TTL' (and keep the camera on
AUTO).

Of course when you have just changed the flash setting to normal TTL
and try again the clouds will disappear... you already guess what
happens now: the flash will no longer fire.

"Automation" it is called, but all by 1980's standards I'm afraid.

Frank.