[OM] Tamron lenses

Subject: [OM] Tamron lenses
From: Sean Davis <sfdavis@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 11:17:27 -0700
Hi,

I'm considering two Tamron lenses: the 60-300, which i've heard nothing but good about, and the 70-350. My thoughts so far:

the 60-300: the pros are it is less expensive, easier to find, and i know it's got a very good reputation for image quality; con is that it does not have a tripod mount.

the 70-350: the pros are a tripod mount and an extra 50mm on the long end. Cons: it's much more expensive (the one i've located is around $500 CAD and quite rare.

So far i'm leaning toward the 60-300 - I'm looking for any experiences with the 70-350 specifically. I was browsing the archives and found that Mike Veglia had one at one time - if you read this Mike, how has your lens performed?

thanks for any thoughts,

Sean D.