[OM] Re: future for OM zuiko lenses in the digital world......

Subject: [OM] Re: future for OM zuiko lenses in the digital world......
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 10:35:43 -0800
>From: "Jim L'Hommedieu" <lamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
>
>... to use an OM lens on a Canon EOS body, you'll
>never be able to take a single meter reading, not even stopped down.

Perhaps I'm missing something, but why would that be? Any camera that measures
light through the lens should be able to be "fooled" into taking the proper
reading. It may require a resistor or something in the adaptor, to tell the
camera what the open aperture is.

>Zuikos can't be
>locked at the taking aperture.

For use with a non-Oly bellows, I cut a thin section of 2" PVC tubing so that
it holds the DOF preview button down. Of course, it also depresses the mount
release, so you have to be careful about losing your lens...

--
: Jan Steinman -- nature Transography(TM): <http://www.Bytesmiths.com>
: Buy My Step Van! <http://www.Bytesmiths.com/van>