Re: [OM] Re: future for OM zuiko lenses in the digital world......

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: future for OM zuiko lenses in the digital world......
From: "Jeff Kwapil" <jkwapil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 10:58:37 -0800
> >From: "Jim L'Hommedieu" <lamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
> >
> >... to use an OM lens on a Canon EOS body, you'll
> >never be able to take a single meter reading, not even stopped down.

I once owned an adapter that solved this for an OM-1, maybe there's an EOS
equivalent. It was a reverse lens adapter, to allow mounting lenses
backwards for flat-field work.

It also held the camera body's aperture coupling in the stop-down metering
position. So whatever light arrived inside the body was measured as-is, with
no adjustment for anticipated stop-down at the moment of exposure.

I realize EOS is electronically coupled, not mechanical, but maybe the
concept will ring a bell among EOS users.