Re: [OM] Re: future for OM zuiko lenses in the digital world......

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: future for OM zuiko lenses in the digital world......
From: fischerchristian <fischerchristian@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 20:58:16 +0100
Hi, I dont post enough on the list but I am still reading...

Le lun, 13 jan 2003, vous avez écrit :
> >From: "Jim L'Hommedieu" <lamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
> >
> >... to use an OM lens on a Canon EOS body, you'll
> >never be able to take a single meter reading, not even stopped down.

I have, may be had? .. an EOS RT on which I recently have noticed grease
spots on  shutter blades ... that did not expose my Xmas pictures but 3 :-( ...
An independant repairman just leaves me a message, he has
fixed the problem, I will see ... as Canon France dont accept anymore RT
bodies.
But I have used it with OM to EOS adapter and it does (did?) work with stop
down   metering just be corrected by -1/2 stop day light and no correction TTL
Flash.  I have read EOS 30 (?Elan in US) dont work, the shutter could not be
released. That is inacceptable for me ("amateur" of free software and OS
like Linux) because  as you said, just a light cell is needed and a shutter to
be released.
I would try a short test on D60 by an second reseller (the first
did not pay enough attention to learn if D60 works, he really did not want to
test it) with my OM/EOS adapter ... in a while (excuse me for the  delay).

Cheers
Christian